We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Elderly patients or patients with chronic conditions are more vulnerable and are high risk with COVID 19. If you fall into this category, please contact us and request a special appointment time with reduced exposure.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- You will be asked to remain in your car until we are ready for you. We encourage you to stay in communication with us and texting is one of the easiest and best ways. We have increased our texting ability so that you can text directly to our main number starting June 1st. 616-669-2040. We ask that you do not opt out of texting at this time. It is very important that we have a quick and easy way to communicate with you during this process that is new to everyone. The new phone system is text and email only so the automated phone calls will no longer occur.
- You will notice an increase in the amount of personal protective equipment that we wear for your safety and the safety of our team.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our text our office at 616-669-2040 or visit our website at HudsonvilleFamilyDentistry.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Hudsonville Family Dentistry Team